04/06/14Logo Design for Lavant
Just approaching completion of this logo for Lavant Town Council, Profile Design were working to a very short deadline on this project – but managed to present 4-5 design options one of which met all the brief criteria.
- This is more an image than a logo
- There is no learning time for villagers to understand what it is all about- this is likely to have a max 2yr short life span
- It has to be readily known/ memorable and therefore as simple as possible
- Appropriate/ relevant to Lavant
- Versatile – use on letters, reports, drawings, display panels, advertising, freebies
- B&W and colour usage
- Timeless/ contemporary – not olde worlde because the Neighbourhood Plan is about the future, albeit integrated with the past
- OUR VILLAGE OUR PLAN and LAVANT NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN were considered as the words that need to be incorporated somehow
- Key features of the village to include are the river, houses, people, and the rolling south downs.
We are regularly asked to quote for logo design, and to be honest without a quite specific brief it is very difficult to know whether the project will take a few hours or a few weeks.